Standard pre-pasted wallpaper mural
Before you start you must check the mural, make sure that there are no printing or dimensional defects.
As soon as you start the installation the warranty is no longer applicable.
NON RECOMMENDED SURFACES
- Freshly painted wall (less than 3 weeks)
- Unpainted gypsum wall
- Wood or concrete wall
- The wallpaper should be installed on a clean, dry, smooth and even wall.
- Wash your wall before you start.
- If necessary, repair cracks or holes with wood filler at least 48 hours before installation.
- Remove all bulky items (eg: electrical outlet plate, curtain pole, etc.).
- Cover your floor with a tarp.
- Fill the container with lukewarm water.
- Your mural is numbered at the top and according to the number of strips, the first being the one on the left.
- To start the installation, your first strip must be level. Measure the width of your first strip, subtract ½” at that measurement and draw a vertical line from the left or use the laser.
START THE INSTALLATION
- Roll your first strip on itself, with the pattern facing outwards, then dip the entire roll in the water tray, holding the top in your hands. Let the water penetrate for about 30 seconds.
- Pull up while letting the roll unwind slowly to remove it from the tray.
- Paste the strip at the top of the wall by allowing it to exceed of½’’ to the ceiling while aligning with your pencil or laser line. Using your plastic smoother, make diagonal movements from the center upwards and sideways to remove all air bubbles.
- Clean off excess glue and water with the cloth.
- **ATTENTION AT THIS STEP DO NOT CUT OFF THE EXCESS.
- Repeat the previous installation steps and apply the 2 strips of wallpaper side by side while aligning the pattern.
- Continue in the same way until the last strip.
- Trim the excess wallpaper from the ceiling, bottom, and the first and last web, using an X-Acto. For more precision, use the smoother or a ruler to guide the blade.
NOTE: We are not responsible for the result of the installation if you made a mistake when taking measurements, preparing your wall or during installation. If in doubt, please contact us to request the installation service.
Have a good installation !!
How to make the cut-out for an electrical outlet or bulky items
Using your X-Acto, cut both sides and the top of the socket hole making sure to free the screw hole. With your smoother, smooth and remove any bubbles all around. When everything is smooth, finalize the cut at the bottom of the plug hole, always making sure to free the screw hole. You can put the plug plate back in place.
How to remove the wallpaper
Normally, the product is easily removed and leaves a residue that is easy to clean.
Tip from the pro !
There are products on the market that help to remove wallpaper such as ”DIF” sold in hardware stores, in case of difficulty.
HOW DO I INSTALL MY MURAL OR WALLPAPER?